When the days are getting shorter and the outside gets colder, it can not be denied: winter is here! Many carrying parents, no matter if they have very small or even bigger babies, are often faced with the question: Can I carry my child on in winter?
There is a very clear answer: Of course! With a few small tips and tricks, wearing in winter is no problem at all!
What's more, wearing is especially recommended in winter! While your baby in the stroller or in the baby carrier cools down very quickly, it is when you wear on your body in permanent heat exchange with you, snuggled up close to you and optimally protected from the cold. The DRK (German Red Cross) advises to carry infants on the body in winter.
We have summarized the most important wearing tips for winter for you:
- How to wear your baby in winter: Especially small babies should be worn on your body and under the jacket or coat. Keep in mind that you should not wear too much because thick clothing makes it difficult to put on baby wraps and baby carriers. We recommend our KOKADI Babywearing Cover: https://bit.ly/2FhtGXx This is easily and quickly attached with the help of buttons on the baby wrap or the baby carrier. Once set, you can cover it as easily as a sweater. An extra wearing jacket is not needed, you can easily carry on your regular winter jacket.
- Clothes for the baby: Do not dress your baby too warm and make sure that your child's clothes continue to provide a good squat-spreading posture. Also remember that the baby wrap or baby carrier is an extra layer of clothing on your baby's torso. All body parts that are outside of the carrier must also be protected from the cold. Thick socks or carrying boots for the feet and leg warmers for the legs are recommended here. In our online shop you will find a large selection of cuddly leg warmers in chic KOKADI designs: https://bit.ly/2Olb092
Also pay attention to your baby’s headgear. Be sure to keep their head covered. If your child is already carried on his back and the cap is not so much tolerated by the carrier, a scarf cap is recommended!
- Air supply: When carrying it is always important to ensure sufficient air supply! Make sure that your baby does not "disappear" in the cloth, baby carrier or jacket. The nose should always be free and your baby should have the opportunity to turn the face as needed. If possible, do not wear a thick scarf that could inadvertently restrict your child's airflow. Reach for a scarf, light scarves or turtleneck tops back!
- Protect Babys skin: The tender skin of your child is much thinner than that of an adult. Therefore it is especially important to protect them from drying out in the winter with a wind and weather cream on water and oil basis!
- Snow and ski suits: Wadded, commercially available snow and ski suits are completely unsuitable when worn! Due to the close carrying on the body, the heat-storing chambers of the suit are compressed and the warming effect is lost. It threatens to cool! In addition, it is hardly possible to integrate your baby ergonomically. For runners therefore woolwalk suits are better.
We wish you cuddly wearing hours and a wonderful winter time!
KOKADI builds bonds.♥